Dovetail Electric Aviation is leading the regional and general aviation industry into an exciting new, sustainable era by enabling aviation operators to fly commercially viable regional routes in nil emission, electric powered aircraft.
Dovetail is a team of passionate individuals who work closely together. Sustainability and integrity are our ethos and make up our core values. We will combine agility with innovation. We are putting Australia on the global map of electric aviation. This is an extremely exciting opportunity as the sector of electric aviation is poised for massive growth. Dovetail is uniquely positioned to be one of the global leaders, thanks to our partnerships with airlines (Sydney Seaplanes, Rex Airlines and European operators) and critical suppliers with which we have secured exclusivity (particularly magniX).
- Be involved in systems engineering activities for the integration and qualification of our integrated electric aircraft platforms, including development of specific components
- Use systems engineering skills, identify program requirements, verification methods, analyses plan and qualification and test programs
- Work with internal and external teams, customers and suppliers, throughout our product development cycle, to manage requirements plan, system validation and verification.
- Support Certification documents preparation
- Support the validation and verification plans execution for DO-178, DO-254, and CASA and EASA regulatory compliance
- Review compliance of design to specifications and requirements, review conformance of project documents to requirements
- Manage the requirements change process, identifying customers’ priorities and recording conflicts between individual requirements
- Powerplant architecture design
- System design and build of rig for ground testing integrating SIL and HIL
- System Controller development with MatLab (Simulink) or advanced programming languages
- Development of testing regime including supporting documentation and data collection
- Development and integration of HMI for ground rig control and flight deck display for onboard systems
- Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering
- At least 3 years of experience in electric powerplants and machines. Direct experience with Electric Vehicles will be highly regarded
- Experience with broad array of engineering tools/languages including MatLab, Simulink, LabView, Python or C++
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-up skills
- Experience with battery integration and package design
- Knowledge of BMS and energy controls
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work effectively with others
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.