Aircraft Modification Engineering Lead
Dovetail Electric Aviation Pty Ltd (Dovetail) is a dynamic company developing new concepts in the exciting field of electric aviation. With several airlines as investors (like Rex Airlines), our vision is to lead the regional and general aviation industry into an exciting new, sustainable era by enabling aviation operators to fly commercially viable regional routes in nil emission, electric powered aircraft.
The revolution is going to start with small aircrafts first, and new entrants will lead this industry. What may look like a niche market now, will be the dominant trend for Regional Aviation by the end of the decade, and larger aircrafts will follow after that
Dovetail is undertaking the conversion of the first Cessna Caravan into full electric in Australia, and potentially the world. We have set up an aggressive objective to obtain an STC for the electric conversion in late 2025. For that purpose, Dovetail is recruiting a talented team of
- Aeronautical and Certification Engineers
- Electric Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
WHAT WE OFFER
Dovetail has been conceived as a dynamic company with sustainability and integrity as core values. We will combine agility with innovation and we want to put Australia in the global map of electric aviation. This is an extremely exciting opportunity as the sector of electric aviation is poised for massive growth and we think Dovetail is uniquely positioned to be one of the global leaders, thanks to our solid business model, financial support from key airlines and strong relationship with technology partners and customers.
We are attracting top talent committed to make aviation clean and fight against climate change. Apart from a very exciting project in a dynamic environment with other likeminded people sharing common values, we are offering a competitive salary, flexible work arrangements when feasible and participation on company shares program for initial key employees joining our core team.
Location: we are currently looking for candidates to work in Sydney and Melbourne, with hybrid work arrangements possible.
As Dovetail’s Airframe Modification Engineering Lead you will:
- Develop conversion concepts and structural modifications for integration into the existing aircraft in accordance with industry standards and certification regulation
- Manage others performing detailed structural analysis to determine structural integrity
- Explore and conceptualise solutions to new problems, like integration of new energy sources with the airframe, replacing structural elements, etc.
- Contribute to define and implement our certification plan
- Provide technical guidance to the rest of the team and contribute to the rapid implementation of our certification plan
- Support the validation and verification plans execution for CASA, FAA and EASA regulatory compliance
- Provide input to company strategy and technology roadmaps
- Coordinate and optimize use of resources, managing contractors and team members, implementing periodic performance reviews and setting up individual development plan
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A Bachelor Engineering qualification (ideally complemented with a Masters degree) in either Aeronautical, Aerospace, Mechanical or a related tertiary Engineering degree
- 5+ years’ experience in aviation engineering activities including design development and large modifications of airframe and aircraft systems
- Previous experience in developing engineering documentation and substantiation within a regulated aviation environment (CASA, FAA, EASA, etc.)
- Experience in aircraft conversions (Supplemental Type Certificates) integrating significant structural changes or analysis, and impacting other aircraft systems. In particular, experience in replacement of powerplants will be highly regarded
- A dynamic and proactive personality, making things happen and with a drive to innovate and help others grow and improve
- Passion to make aviation clean and sustainable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org